Terms of Service
Franklin County Farmers Market Online (FCFMO), Healthy Roots Collaborative
· Enables customers to enjoy fresh locally grown produce at their convenience at fair prices
· Encourages small-scale producers to grow what they’re good at
· Supports and encourages local farmers and gardeners
· Reduces food miles and carbon footprint
· Helps build community resilience and capacity
To meet these aims:
1. Sales and purchases using the website are limited to registered users of Franklin County Farmers Market Online
2. Use of Franklin County Farmers Market Online is at the sole discretion of Healthy Roots
3. Vendors are responsible for understanding and complying with all relevant laws and regulations of the State in which produce is sold.
4. All products advertised for sale on the site shall be available for delivery to the designated market pick-up location on the designated date. Items available only for on-farm pick-up shall be clearly marked.
5. Vendors must clearly state the origin of all product that does not originate from their own farm.
6. Vendors shall follow all rules and guidance circulated by the market coordinator. If a vendor fails to comply with rules and guidance, a market coordinator can de-activate offer and/or remove the vendor from the site.
7. The decision to refund a customer for whatever reason shall be the responsibility of the market coordinator, and producers will abide by all such decisions. In the case of recurring refunds, Healthy Roots reserves the right to charge an administration fee.
8. Product claims (eg “organic”, “pesticide free”) shall be made by the vendor and if a customer requests, should be substantiated by appropriate certification.
9. Vendors are responsible for setting prices. Prices should reflect the lower overheads we charge to producers. If prices are higher than that charged by retail outlets for the same goods, or if they are so low as to affect other producers’ fairly priced items, Healthy Roots reserves the right to remove listings.
10. Vendors will be paid monthly.
11. If vendors fail to comply with these terms and conditions they will be removed from the website
12. Users of Franklin County Farmers Market Online shall pay by credit or debit card for each purchase.
13. Customers shall be responsible for collecting orders within the time period set out at the time of ordering. Uncollected orders will be removed from the collection point.
14. Each order you place is a legally enforceable contract. If you fail to pickup your order, you are still obligated to pay for the items you order.
15. Franklin County Farmers Market Online, Healthy Roots accepts no responsibility or liability in any way for products advertised on the website and shall not be liable for any damages arising from any aspect of any use of the website and service.
16. Acting as the agent for vendor users, Franklin County Farmers Market Online, Healthy Roots publicizes the products its producer users have for sale. FCFMO forwards orders from customer users, provides a way for products to be delivered between users, collects payment from customers on behalf of vendors and forwards the payments to vendors.
17. Acting as the agent for customer users, FCFMO provides a catalog of available local food products that includes information about how and where the product was grown or processed. FCFMO receives customer orders and notifies the appropriate producers, arranges for the food to be delivered, and receives and processes their payments.
18. At no time does FCFMO ever have title to any of the products. FCFMO has no inventory. The products that go through FCFMO Markets’ distribution system are owned either by the producer, or by the customer who purchases “title” to the product directly from the producer. All complaints should be brought to the attention of the producer.
19. FCFMO will charge a transaction fee for every sale
Limitations of Liability
20. FCFMO enables transactions between producer and consumer. Under no circumstances shall FCFMO be liable for direct, indirect, incidental, special consequential or exemplary damages resulting from any aspect of the use of the healthyrootsvt.org site or service, whether such damages arise from use or misuse of the healthyrootsvt.org or service, or the interruption, suspension, modification, alteration or termination of the healthyrootsvt.org or the service. Such limitation shall also apply with respect to damages incurred by reason of other services or products received through or advertised in connection with the healthyrootsvt.org or service or any links on the healthyrootsvt.org site as well as by reason of any information or advice received through or advertised in connection with the healthyrootsvt.org site or the service or any links on the healthyrootsvt.org site. These limitations shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law.
21. Members accept full responsibility for ensuring compliance with the laws and regulations of the State in which they operate.
22. By agreeing to this document, you agree to indemnify and hold healthyrootsvt.org, Franklin County Farmers Market Online, the Healthy Roots Collaborative, its officers, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, directors, officers, agents, service providers, suppliers and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorney fees and court costs, made by any third party due to or arising out of produce you make available through the Service, your use of the Service, your violation of the TOU, your breach of any of the representations and warranties herein, or your violation of any rights of another.
***15% is added on to the unit price the vendor chooses when listing product. The vendor will receive the amount they list. The customer pays an additional 15%. This goes to managing the Franklin County Farmers Market Online. This includes aggregation and distribution staff time and mileage, maintaining the healthyrootsvt.org site, the cost of the website and authorize.net, as well as transaction fees.
The Healthy Roots Team